onsdag den 24. april 2013

Get A Grip


Spending four precious hours trying to find a specific kind of cord in London is just a waste of time, because its simply just not going to happen! Nadia had scoured some cord, which she needs for her platting, from London Trimmings, but as per usual this time of year things go out of stock before you can count to ten. (I work in Cloth House, I know from experience) Another half a day was spent in the field trying to source something that was similar - I ended up at Goldhawk Road in A-One. It wasn't quite the same, but it had to do. 

In the chaos of not being able to find what Nadia was looking for, I missed both Nadia's and Fiona's final fittings before the show. Nice one Hannah! 
Fiona wasn't pleased to say the least and I received quite a few funny texts on my around London from her complaining about Nadia and her fantastic ability to make decisions . Later on, while heading back to Goldhawk tube station, a whistle tone came out of my phone - a list had come through. An evil list of more things I had to pick up, back to A-One to pick up zips, then back to central, to pick up more zips from Maccollouch & Wallis. Then they didn't have the zip that Nadia wanted, so I headed to Klien's - no success there. A pitstop to Starbucks while trying to get a hold of Nadia to find out what to do. Rushing to Cass Art to get spray paint for Fiona and quickly back to M&W and get whatever was the best option for zips. 

By 3pm I managed to find a Pret and eat my lunch on the way back to Hendon. 

Let me remind you that this is the day before the show. The hand-in is at 9 am tomorrow. This is not cool! Finding myself back in the studio doing my best to help them both. They've been so kind to write me a to-do-list:

Fiona:
  • Hand stitch coffin sides. 
  • Hand stitch top part of cape. 
  • Hand stitch end of zip. 
  • Hand stitch the shoulder part CF+CB. 
  • Hand stitch facing on outfit 2 (top).
  • Hand stitch neckline on outfit 3.
Nadia:
  • Cut leather strips 3 cm wide. 
  • Hand stitch skirt hem. 
  • Hand stitch dress grosgrain. 
  • Hand stitch hook and eye for shirt. 
  • Hand stitch head piece.
  • Spray paint head piece.
Even though I stayed till 11pm I didn't even manage to finish half of both their lists. I took turns, one task for Fiona, another task for Nadia. I don't want to see another hand needle and thread for a very long time.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar